Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
We don’t like to think about death, but it is part of life. When someone passes away, clean-up can be awkward and uncomfortable. The trained professionals at SERVPRO of North Miami are able to help start the process of addressing any damage to your home or office. We can help with stained surfaces in your home or business. Granite countertops, Leather sofas and chairs, hardwood/concrete/tile/carpeted floors are all especially vulnerable when it comes to contamination by human remains. When this happens in your home/business; and the only thing you can do is call someone else to clean up the mess; it’s not a problem for SERVPRO of North Miami. We have spent decades helping people who are enduring these kinds of hardships and trying to make life a little easier during a time of grief. Your family or employees have enough to deal with during a loss, and we are Here to Help. If you are going through this, don’t hesitate to call. Please allow us to assist you through this rough time. We would be happy to make sure that you don’t have to face this alone. We know that, when it’s all said and done, it’s important that the area in question looks restored to its original condition; so that will always be the principle that drives our efforts in your situation.
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (305) 895-4880
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of North Miami has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- North Miami Beach
- Bal Harbour
- Miami Shores
- Biscayne Park
- Sunny Isles
- North Miami
- Golden Glades